senior school years 10 – 12
Welcome to the Senior School of Lyndhurst Secondary College – a senior school that offers a diverse range of opportunities, experiences and programs of study for students in Years 10, 11 and 12.
Students in the Senior School are fortunate to be supported and assisted by a very experienced and dedicated team of educators. Their commitment to students is demonstrated by their ongoing availability to provide support, advice and counselling in relation to both schooling and post-schooling options as well as a willingness to assist with personal difficulties that may be experienced by students from time to time.
Varied pathways exist through the Senior School which enable students to:
- Accelerate learning by Year 10 students undertaking a VCE or VET unit as part of their Year 10 program and continuing that head start by doing a Year 12 subject while in Year 11.
- Pursue a VCE program with a broad range of studies offered in the Senior School. Most VCE programs will require students to undertake 20 units over two years.
- Complete a VCAL program which enables students to achieve specific learning outcomes in literacy and numeracy as well as practical, vocational competencies and personal development skills.
- Incorporate Vocational Education and Training (VET) units within VCE or VCAL programs. A number of vocational certificates are offered, with each course enabling students to undertake work placement.
- Undertake a part time, school based apprenticeship as part of VCE or VCAL which enables students to enjoy the dual status of both student and employee.
We deliver programs aimed at preparing students for the real world, these include:
- Tutorial program for students in Years 10, 11 and 12.
- In-school and inter-school sporting competitions.
- Careers counselling and guidance about making key decisions related to post-school options.
- Opportunities to participate in dramatic or musical productions.
- Various excursions and camps for students at all senior levels.
- Special events, such as the Presentation Ball for Year 11 students and the Valedictory Dinner for Year 12 students.