Information on how to find, enrol, and start a child in your care at a school in Victoria is available on the Victorian government website.

To enrol your child at our school you:

  1. Complete the online expression of interest application below or complete the printable form and send to the school email address or return to the General Office
  2. We will assess all applications to attend based on our school zone and the Department’s Placement Policy (see the School zones section below for more information) and contact you to arrange a pre-enrolment interview
  3. Attend the school at your scheduled appointment time and we will provide an enrolment pack and complete required documentation
  4. Complete the required enrolment documentation and provide required documents (outlined below)

Required documents

Required documentation includes:

  • Completed enrolment form
  • Evidence of identity and date of birth (for example, a birth certificate or passport)

Further documentation that will be requested include:

  • copies of any relevant residency or visa arrangements
  • healthcare card (if applicable to obtain CSEF)
  • the most recent semester report for your child

You will also be required to provide information about:

  • your contact details
  • emergency contact details
  • health information about your child (such as allergies or illnesses they need to manage)
  • other legal orders relating to your child and their welfare (if any)

If you have a Healthcare Card, this will also be requested

School zones

Our school zone is available on which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.

Students residing in our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address. Our school also has capacity to potentially welcome students who are outside of our school zone.

The Department provides guidance through the Enrolment: Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.

You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.

For more information

If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email:

Enrolment in Year 7

All families seeking enrolment for the beginning of Year 7 in the following year should refer to the relevant forms and advice given from your primary school.

All Grade 6 students enrolling in government secondary schools should complete the Application for Year 7 Placement form distributed by the transition coordinator at your school in Term 2.

Enrolments for 2024 students should be completed by Term 4 2023. Families should have received an offer letter by then containing login details to Compass with an individual username and password. If you have not received this letter, please contact the school as soon as possible. Further information to assist you in completing the enrolment process can be found on the enrolment paperwork page.

Families seeking enrolment in Year 7 at Lyndhurst Secondary College for the same calendar year (i.e. have been attending Year 7 at a different school this year already) should follow the same process as for Year 8–12, outlined below.

Enrolment at all other year levels

Families seeking enrolment at Lyndhurst Secondary College for Years 8–12, should either complete the online application below, or complete the printable form and send to the school email address, return to the General Office or contact the school to discuss an application for enrolment. Following this, families will be contacted to arrange an enrolment interview. Please bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate and a copy of their most recent school report to this interview with you. Copies of any relevant residency or visa arrangements are also required prior to enrolment.

You can email your Expression of Interest form directly to the College.

Expression of Interest