Bullying No WAY!
National Day of Action against Bullying
At Lyndhurst Secondary College, we aim to create a safe and supportive school community for everyone. On Monday 18th March we are holding a day to raise awareness to take action against bullying. There will be a variety of fun and educational activities taking place to raise awareness about what students can do if they, or someone they know, are being bullied. You are an important part of our work to prevent bullying and to respond effectively if it happens. Stopping bullying involves everyone!
If your child talks to you about bullying here are some things parents can do to help:
1. Listen calmly and get the full story.
2. Reassure your child that they are not to blame.
3. Ask your child what they want to do about it and how you can help.
4. Visit www.bullyingnoway.gov.au to find some strategies.
5. Contact the school.
6. Check in regularly with your child.
Posted on Thu, March 14, 2019
by Claire Clancy